- Spanish is the third most spoken language in the world after Chinese and English.
- Spanish is the official language of 21 countries with more than 400 million Spanish speakers worldwide.
- In the USA more than 60 million people speak Spanish and 15% class Spanish as their mother tongue.
- In the USA and Canada, Spanish is the most popular language to study. In the USA alone there are 4 times more students who want to learn Spanish than French.
- In Brazil, the only South American country where they don’t speak Spanish, studying Spanish is compulsory in schools.
- Latin-American, is one of the fastest growing economies in the world together with Asia.
- The importance of Spanish language learning and its potential is only just being felt, but it will only grow and become important and prominent in the future, the sky’s the limitit.
For your future
- The majority of multinational businesses in the world constantly search for and require good English speakers who can also speak Spanish.
- For an English spoken person, speaking Spanish will ensure employment in numerous professional fields in English or Spanish speaking countries.
- Spanish culture has been recognised and gained notoriety in the fields of literature, the arts, architecture and cinema, and Spanish language knowledge gives additional access to all Spanish and Latin American culture.